Open to boys and girls, pre-kindergarten through 6th grade. This sport is played in the early winter. For more details, continue on to the registration page.
Our YMCA basketball program helps kids become not only better basketball players, but better people as well.
- Parents/guardians should assess level of risk based on if the child may be at higher risk for severe illness according to the CDC, such as children who have asthma, diabetes or other health problems.
- Persons exhibiting any symptoms should not attend practices or games.
- Additional family members should not attend practices or games.
- No more than two spectators per child on game days. Spectators must wear a face covering.
- Coaches must take written attendance at each practice and turn in the attendance sheet to the front desk after practice.
- During practices, parents are encouraged to stay in their vehicles. If a parent must be in the building due to a child’s health concern, maintain social distancing and wear a face covering.
- Face coverings are encouraged for coaches.
- All players bring and use their own water bottles, towels and personal items.
- Sanitize your hands as you enter and exit the building (wash or use the available hand sanitizing stations).
At the Hoerner YMCA, healthy living is one of our main areas of focus. We want to encourage children to stay active, but we also want to ensure we offer programs in a safe and healthy way in relation to COVID-19.
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this time. For any additional questions, please contact the program director at 319-524-6724, extension 103, or by email at email@example.com.