Volunteer Your Time
When you volunteer at the Y, you take an active role in bringing about meaningful, enduring change in your own community. With a focus on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, Y volunteers give men, women and children of all ages and from all walks of life the resources and support they need to be healthy, confident, connected and secure.
How can you help? Consider these ways to volunteer:
- Inspire kids as a coach, assistant coach or team parent for a YMCA youth sports team.
- Serve on our board of directors or committees ...Advocate for the Y’s efforts to influence policies and initiatives that positively impact societal issues of importance to the nation, and our community
- Become an Annual Campaign volunteer... Help tell the YMCA story to your friends and family to ensure the Y is accessible to all members of the community
- Help as a youth programs volunteer... Motivate and support youth in building the character strengths, skills and relationships that lead to positive behaviors, better health, smart life choices, and the pursuit of higher education and goals
- Lend a hand as an adult programs volunteer... Extend a hand to help adults who want to do more, be more or live healthier.
Support the Annual Campaign
Throughout our community and beyond, countless people know about the Hoerner YMCA. But there’s so much more to our Y than one might think.
From exercise to education, from volleyball to volunteerism, from preschool to preventative health, the Y doesn’t just strengthen our bodies, it strengthens our community. For more than 138 years, we’ve been proud to help our neighbors learn, grow and thrive. Yet we’re called to do so much more. The families, adults, seniors and children who make up our community face new challenges that create a greater need than ever for the work we do every day. Fortunately, where some see obstacles, we see opportunities for our members, volunteers and staff to make a difference.
Together, we can achieve so much more. It is only through the support of our many donors that we are able to give back to the communities we serve.
Every November and December, we conduct an annual campaign to gather donations to support our financial aid programs, which make possible memberships for those who could otherwise not afford them, and to support the programs that serve our community.
Please consider a gift to the Y today to help strengthen the foundations of our great community.
Contribute to the Endowment
The Hoerner YMCA Endowment Fund is a permanently endowed fund established with the Keokuk Area Community Foundation. The donated dollars are invested by KACF, and the income -- but not the principal -- is available for use by the Hoerner YMCA. In this way, your contribution will help carry out the mission of the Hoerner YMCA now and forever.
For the donor, there are added tax benefits of donating to the endowment fund through KACF.
Endow Iowa was created to enhance the quality of life for the citizens of Iowa through increased philanthropic activity. It encourages new investments to qualified community foundations -- such as the Keokuk Area Community Foundation -- across Iowa. Endow Iowa allows taxpayers to receive a 25 percent Iowa Tax Credit. Any gift to the Hoerner YMCA Endowment Fund is eligible to receive a 25 percent Endow Iowa State Tax Credit, in addition to the federal deductions for charitable gifts.