This fall program is open to girls and boys in first grade through sixth grade.
The YMCA youth sports are based upon certain beliefs and philosophies – participation and everyone plays. The Y emphasizes fundamentals, fair play, cooperation and respect for officials, volunteers, teammates, and the other team. Our philosophy is simple: everyone plays, everyone wins!
Our YMCA volleyball program helps kids become not only better volleyball players, but better people as well.
- Parents/guardians should assess level of risk based on if the child may be at higher risk for severe illness according to the CDC, such as children who have asthma, diabetes or other health problems.
- Persons exhibiting any symptoms should not attend practices.
- Additional family members should not attend practices.
- Volleyballs and equipment will be sanitized by Y staff after each practice.
- Coaches must take written attendance at each practice and turn in the attendance sheet to the front desk after practice.
- During practices, parents are encouraged to stay in their vehicles. If a parent must be in the gym, maintain social distancing and wear a face covering.
- Face coverings are encouraged for coaches, Y staff, parents and volunteers.
- All players bring and use their own water bottles, towels and personal items.
At the Hoerner YMCA, healthy living is one of our main areas of focus. We want to encourage children to stay active, but we also want to ensure we offer programs in a safe and healthy way in relation to COVID-19.
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this time. For any additional questions, please contact the program director at 319-524-6724 extension 103 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.