Girls on the Run is a unique recreation program that combines physical training with a curriculum that stresses life skills. The curriculum focuses on three main themes:understanding ourselves, valuing relationships and teamwork, and understanding how we connect with and shape the world at large. At the end of the 10-week season, girls complete a non-competitive 5K run.
Girls on the Run is available to girls in third through fifth grades. Our program takes place in the fall. Financial assistance is available.
For more information, check with our front desk staff.
- Transitioning our 10-week season to an 8-week season (scheduled for September 15 to November 7).
- Flexible programming that can quickly and easily shift between in-person and virtual delivery
- Setting maximum team sizes to be 12 girls per team
- Create curriculum modifications to adhere to social distance guidelines and minimizing exposure
- Eliminating shared materials by providing individual cinch bags and materials for girls
- Continuously evaluating end-of-season celebration options. Options could include in-person 5K event, virtual 5K or Star Power Hour Event
- Adding additional coach training in COVID safety policies and virtual meeting space safety policies.